We had a pretty good 2009. We're happy, mostly healthy, love each other as much as ever, and have the gospel, but I think we're just fine saying goodbye to 2009. Here are some of our highlights and happenings of the year:
- Red Rock Relay – 173 mile run with a team of twelve! The hardest thing we have physically ever done, and we are so proud of the accomplishment! Our knees are still recovering…
- Minneapolis Trip - the National American Planning Association Conference. Steve went to a Minnesota Twins game, the Mall of America (which has an indoor amusement park with roller coasters and all), and touched the Mississippi River. 1st Mumford Family Reunion – Sun Valley Idaho (Bike Ride through Sun Valley all together taking turns on the Tandem and pulling the kids in a bike trailer, Countless board and card games, A trip to Red Fish Lake, Craters of the Moon, and Everyone getting violently ill.
Josie’s Gymnastics classes
- Josie in Preschool – she can’t stop doing her homework, she loves it!
- Car wrecked – bought a new used second car. We now own two Nissan Altimas
- Thanksgiving with almost all of the Krohns
- Living Planet Aquarium, Toadally Frogs Exhibit, Museum of Ancient Life (the Dinosaur Museum), The Bean Museum
- Housing Candi’s sister for several months and then a soon-to-be sister-in-law for another couple.
- Second ever camping trip with the kids. They were too excited to sleep
- Two 5K races – One we ran together
- Candi’s first ever Triathlon in Pleasant Grove! Halloween – Steve & Jackson were Pirates, Candi & Josie were Rainbow Princess Fairies / Guitar Hero Rocker Fairy (Candi).
Thanksgiving Point, Hee Haw's, and other Fall fun.
- First ride on FrontRunner & more trips on Trax
- Steve swallowed a camera…literally
- Grandma took the kids on the Polar Express
- Lights at Temple Square
- Moving Candi’s parents from Seattle to Provo. Now our kids have all their grandparents within about 35 miles
- Got a kitten – Swiper the Fox
- Candi wrote a song for her brother Nik to sing at his wedding. It was performed wonderfully by her and her brother sang awesome! Definitely a highlight.
- Remodeling the house – we added beadboard (the individual boards), chair rail, baseboards, painted, etc.
- Candi won a Biggest Loser competition put on by her friends
- Jackson insists that getting his first ever train set was the best thing that happened to him this year.
- Our kids are growing up and are just as cute and wonderful as ever!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!